"North Ridgeville has grown to be the third most populated city in Lorain County!"
The city occupies about 25 square miles, making it the largest city (area wise) in Lorain County.
Based on the City's Master Plan, the following land use is projected by 2015:
- Residential: 10,200 acres or 85.1% used
- Business: 319 acres or 2.6% used
- Industrial: 330 acres or 2.8% used
- Public: 1133 acres or 9.4% used
- Remaining: 3,000 acres yet to be classified.
There are almost 11,500 households in the city and the median age of the residents is 38.8 years. Other population statistics are listed below (Source: US Census and Onboard Informatics):
- Population: 29,465 (Based on 2010 census)
- Average household income: $70,735
- Per capita income: $29,310
- Median disposable income: $54,456
Industry & Employment
There are more than 500 companies and three industrial parks which operate within the city.
Taxes, City Services, and Local Resources
Below is the 2013 breakdown of taxes and local resources.
- Income Tax: 1.0%
- Sales Tax: 6.25%
- Property Tax Millage Rates - Commercial: City: 64.91
- Property Tax Millage Rates - Residential: City: 67.91
- Police: 53 personnel, including 37 full time officers and 18 Auxiliary Officers
- Fire & Paramedic: 37 personnel, including 33 fire and paramedics: Fire stations: 2